Thursday, February 17, 2011

I am a procrastinator!

What can I say? Nearly a month in between blog posts is kinda sad and pathetic. I promise I am trying!!

As promised here is my Aunts big fuzzy blanket I made (like 2 weeks ago?)


(Sorry the picture is kinda crappy)

I didn't take pictures of the process, but it was pretty simple and I think I can talk you through it.

You need:
4 fuzzy blankets (cheap as you can find, I found them at the grocery store for $5 a piece)
Washer/dryer
Sewing machine
Scissors
Measuring tape/ruler

First: Wash and dry your blankets!! Cheap material tends to shrink a lot, and not exactly uniformly.

Now take two blankets that will make up the front, and put them face to face making sure they are nearly the same size. Pin, and sew 1/4 -1/2 inch seam.

Do the same for the other side of the large blanket.

Now put your two large blankets face to face, pin all along the edge except for a 2 foot space at the bottom.

Sew all the way around, turn the blanket right side out

Sew the opening close, using a straight, small stitch as close to the edge as you can.

Now pin 1-2 inches from the edge of the blanket to make the "border" all the way around. Sew the edges to keep the blanket from folding funny.

If you wish you can quilt this to make it a little more sturdy.  These fuzzy blankets are incredibly warm, and this one is just shy of the twin size.

I promise to post again soon!!

Thanks for stopping by!

-Christina

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments!! Thanks for sharing your thoughts

Related Posts with Thumbnails