Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Office Re-do Part 1

Good morning!! I hope everyone is having a great day!!

I have an office in my apartment that doubles as a extra room when my parents drive down/friends come to visit. It has always kinda been a hodgepodge of furniture - I had two different desks- a small one I've had since I was about 6 that is just big enough for a computer but not much else. Then I bought a desk my junior year at A&M from office depot...that was well...nice but kinda built crappy.

With two desks and a book shelf the room was a little crampted and I just wasn't getting much studying done in there. I was always distracted and I just didn't feel "right" I guess. My Dad recommended I buy a new large desk that would be big enough for my desk top, lap top, and study space. So with help from my parents I got a new desk!

Before:
In one corner (crappy office depot desk)

In the other corner (little desk) 



After:

Now lots of room!

So here is the process of "the desk"

We got it at Ikea, as just a giant piece of unstained wood with no legs. Bought 5 adjustable height legs, and 4 angle brackets for two shelves. 



First staining I did 2 coats. Then about 4 -5 coats of tongue oil (not sure if this is the correct spelling?)

Getting an idea of what the legs will look like
 

After all the stain/tongue oil!



Its so shiny!! 
Then about 1.5 months later my parents drove it down to South Texas over the Labor day weekend to help me set it up (as an early 25th -eek- birthday present). 


LOVE IT!! 

Stay tuned, over the next few days I'm going to show you how I have "transformed" my office for under $100 bucks.

Get procraftinating!

-Christina

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments!! Thanks for sharing your thoughts

Related Posts with Thumbnails