I was browsing Ellen's blog Creative Passage and she posted about joining a group of crafters at Robin's Blog called the The T-shirt Diaries that are abstaining from purchasing any new materials- and crafting off of only the materials they currently have! I personally have about a bazillion Christmas crafts- just waiting to be finished, a fairly small fabric stash (in comparison to most-but its pretty big for me), and a large amount of scrap booking supplies that have been feeling neglected over the last year or so.....
So here are the details:
Stashbusting September blogs are voluntarily giving up buying crafting supplies for the month of September. They promise to:
- Link your blog (the main page please not an individual post) to the linky below. The linky will be open until September 4th at Midnight.
- Craft for personal use only with items they have on hand. No buying new craft supplies, even if you are shopping at Goodwill or garage sales. It is all about busting your craft supply at hand and actually doing those projects you bought all the stash for in the first place. (Buying craft supplies for business use IS permitted)
- Think of unique and creative ways to use items they were thinking of throwing out (diaper boxes to fabric covered storage bins, pencil holders from soup cans, upcycled clothing, etc.)
- Think outside of the box.
- Try to make at least one upcycled craft item this month. Upcycled craft items from Stashbusting September can be entered into the Stashbusting contest for a rocking prize from our top secret sponsor, for now.
- Proudly post the Stashbusting September button on their website so everyone knows they are busting some stash.
- Check back here to find out other blogs that are busting some stash.
- During Stashbusting September we will still have the "Upcycled Awesome" linky party. I just love all of the inspiration. To be entered in the Stashbusting September contest (the link will be up September 1st) you must link your project up to the Stashbusting September link.
- Encourage all of your bloggy friends to join up
So head on over to T-shirt Diaries and check it out for yourself!!
Thanks Robin for helping me get motivated to clean out my stash!!