Monday, August 16, 2010

TOMS

Good Morning everyone!!

I hope you all had a wonderfully blessed weekend! I've been crazy busy the last few days and I'm sorry I haven't been able to post any fun new tutorials! I'm working on a new t-shirt reconstruction so stay tuned!!

Today I wanted to really showcase TOMS. TOMS is a company that was developed by a man, Blake, who was traveling on the Amazing Race and was had stopped in Argentina  for a "mission" on the show. While there he noticed that ALL the children and adults were shoe-less and many of them were starting to show signs of podoconiosis, also known as elephantiasis , which is an disorder caused by small parasitic worms. They gain access to the body by people walking around barefoot and it only takes one or two of these little worms to get into the lymphatic system and reek havoc causing grotesque enlargements of the feet, ankles, calves, genitals,  etc. People with this condition are unable to perform daily tasks and are sometimes shunned from the primitive societies.



So Blake decided to do something about it....he started TOMS, short for tomorrow. For every pair of shoes you buy from TOMS, they donate a pair of shoes to a child in need at risk for podoconiosis, one for one. They have given just over 1 MILLION shoes! The best part is, they go back to the same areas a few years later to give the children new shoes for the ones they have out grown-- so he is really 'fixing' this problem, not just putting a temporary band-aid on it.

I wanted to show you my collection in the hopes of inspiring you to go out and get your own pair. They are INCREDIBLY comfortable, light weight, with good arch support. I wear mine everyday!


Phoebe loves toms too!

My latest pair!

So now that you have seen how awesomely cute they are, you should go to TOMS today and do some warm and fuzzy, feel good charity and get a little something for yourself too!!

Yes they are expensive, but essentially you are paying for TWO pairs of shoes, and shipping one pair to South America or Africa!

They also have some super cute wedges!!

Tiny toms for the kiddos


Manly looking ones for that handsome man in your life!


How about buying a T-shirt, or pendant necklace to support TOMS?


This is the next pair on my wish list!
All pictures borrowed from TOMS website
Have a great Monday!!

If you love giving to kids in need, and love getting something for yourself too check out my Etsy Store! 80% of all profits go to help warm the African orphans affected by AIDS!

Thanks for stopping by!! Leave me some comment love if you have or plan on buying some TOMS!!

-Christina

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments!! Thanks for sharing your thoughts

Related Posts with Thumbnails